Denim On Denim // Shades of Blue



Hello my beautiful jewels and gems(: 
After creating a survey (click here) and looking at some of the responses, I've noticed that some of you would like to see more fashion posts ♥ So here are two ootd's that I've put together, shot by my younger brother in Dublin, CA(: 



Outfit #1: Denim on denim ♥

Putting together the outfit & accessorizing ♥
When wearing blue jeans, I always think that white is a good contrasting color. Since jeans are casual and plain jane, I chose a ruffle-y white chiffon top to add a little texture to the outfit. To pull it all together, I wore an old jean dress as a jacket. It's a great way to give an old piece some life(:

Wearing white heels with this outfit not only matched the shirt, but also makes them stand out. If I had chose to wear blue or black heels, they would blend in with my pants and "jacket". However, it is okay to choose a blue or white purse for this look; I chose blue. 

Last but not least, sunglasses! Bright colored sunglasses like Kim's in the picture below would have been perfect. But I only have neutral colors so I worked with what I had. I chose my sunglasses with a chain link to match with the chain on my heels so from top to bottom the whole outfit pull itself together. 



Outfit details:

This first denim on denim look was inspired by @kimthainguyen


- Denim jacket // Old Navy 
- White chiffon top // Express
- Denim jeans // Wetseal
- White chain heels // Shoedazzle
- Royal blue purse // Michael Kors
- Chain sunglasses // Charlotte Russe
- Silver midi rings // Forever21

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outfit #2: Shades of blue ♥



Outfit details:
- Royal blue cross top // Forever21
- White tank top // Forever21
- Denim jeans // Wetseal
- White chain heels // Shoedazzle
- Royal blue purse // Michael Kors
- Chain sunglasses // Charlotte Russe
- Silver midi rings // Forever21

Putting it together ♥
For this outfit, since the jeans I chose are lighter, I paired it with a darker top that draped down to add texture. Wearing a white tank top with this outfit was a good contrast to the royal blue color.

This outfit would have also been great with dark colored heels to stand out against the light jeans; white heels are still cute, but can become muted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! ♥ xoxo 
I really hope that you all enjoyed this blogpost(: I will be focusing a bit more on fashion posts these upcoming weeks; at the end of the day, it's my true passion. Thank you for tuning in, I would love to hear from you! If there are any questions or if you would just like to say hello, please comment below or message me in my contact form! Have a splendid week!! -- juliannemng ~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Hello there(: