Temporary color fun // without the bleach!


Hello, my beautiful jewels and gems! 
Summer is finally here! And what better way to spice things up than by coloring your hair ♥ 



Jerome Russell's B Wild (spray) --- 6/10

Wandering through Target's hair aisle, I was reminded of ItsMyRayeRaye's purple hair tutorial (HERE), and just had to try out the Jerome Russell - B Wild Hairspray! Target doesn't carry the color purple, but you can find it at Walgreens(: 

Color -- Although it seemed to work effortlessly in her video, it did not work as well for me. On the darker parts of my hair, you could barely see the purple. On the blonde parts of my hair, the purple turned out pink! The pink can was a neon pink color in my hair. Although the pink is still soft and flirty, it was not the purple color I was trying to achieve 

Texture & smell -- Since this product was sprayed from a can, it added a lot of texture to my hair; it felt like hairspray, and made the ends of my hair feel dry. However, the smell of the product wasn't bad, it smelled like perfume

How long does it last? -- until you wash your hair out, it's totally washable

Overall impression 
In addition to the product not being true to color, and making my hair feel texturized, this product got all over my clothes, that was a deal breaker for me. And one can would only be enough for half of my hair. Overall, I would not purchase this product again. 

But I wasn't going to give up there! I tried the other products in the aisle(: 


For a little over a dollar more, you could purchase Garnier's New Color Styler! Or Splot's hair chalk ♥

Garnier's Color Styler (liquid dye) --- 10/10
Color -- the color of this product was much more true! There are also images on the box showing the possible difference in color on dark vs. light hair(: I personally love their packaging as well ♥

Texture & smell -- this product was not a spray, it was a liquid dye that you put in your hair, brush it through, and let it dry. It is said to create a "thin color-coat on the surface on the hair fiber without damaging it", and it does just that. You barely feel the texture in your hair, and there is not smell

How long does it last? -- The box states that it'll last 2-3 shampoos, but may last longer on damaged or chemically-treated hair and depending on quantity applied. I personally have damaged bleach hair. After the first wash, the purple became a more pink color. After my second shampoo, it is a light pink and is fading away. 

Overall impression
I would definitely purchase this product again! The color comes out purple, it does not transfer onto clothing or sheets, it lasts longer, and the company really put a lot of thought into the information that is mentioned on the packaging. It also comes with gloves and instructions which are incredibly straightforward(: 

Splot's Hair Chalk (hair chalk) --- 8/10
Color -- The color was true to the color shown on the box! 

Texture & smell -- This product is a chalk, but there is little to no texture in my hair, and there isn't a smell. I would also like to point out that this product isn't as messy as I thought it'd be(:

How long does it last? -- It lasts about 6 hours depending on what you are doing(: My hair chalk faded away after running errands and going to the mall

Overall impression 
I would have given this product a higher rating, but I do not think that it is worth the price $5.99. It is the same price as the Garnier Color Styler mentioned above, but does not last as long and only comes with the chalk and that's it. However, the color is as shown on the box, and is still a great highlight color! 



All in all, I think that this is a really fun way to change up your hair color without the commitment(: It's totally safe, and easy to do yourself! If you end up using these products, I would love love love to hear about it / see the results, please feel free to tag me / message me personally :D

I hope this review was helpful, thank you so much for reading! Until next time, xoxo - juliannemng

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love how the purple ended up looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful! I absolutely loved the results as well(: ♥

      Delete

Contact Form

Hello there(: