Colourpop Cosmetics // Highlighters ✨



Welcome back my beautiful jewels and gems! ♥
Recently, Colourpop Cosmetics launched their new highlighters, it include 15 beautiful shades(: The images above were taken from their Instagram. Since the launch, they have also added a few new shades to their highlight / "pearlized cheeks" line -- head over to their site HERE and check it out for yourself! Being the highlight lover that I am, the excitement from seeing all of these swatches took over me, I just had to place my first Colourpop order immediately! 

Shipping  --                            I placed my order on April 28th, the day it launched 
It was shipped out on May 4th with USPS from Oxnard, CA and arrived 3 days later on May 7th
Free shipping is offered on purchases $30 or more in the US
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost --                                                       each highlighter only costs $8.00!! 
Colourpop Cosmetics is known for their affordable prices and pigmented and good quality products(: 
Be sure to sign up for emails and receive $5 off of your purchase! 


I personally wanted to be daring and try out their playful purple shades, Monster and Hippo

Monster -- (LINK
Although this shade may look really light, it is a tilt shift shade of many colors(: the swatches below show that there are purple, pink, and orange sparkles. It is a more pink highlighter on the skin, but in the sunlight it shines beautifully ♥

Hippo -- (LINK
Although Hippo may look incredibly purple, it is a really light highlight that has a hint of purple with white, gold, and purple sparkles. Pictures definitely don't this highlight enough justice! It is definitely not too purple and matches many different skin tones(: 

Overall impression -- Both of these highlighters have the same "pillow" or bouncy feel to them as described by many others, however it is said that it isn't as creamy as the eyeshadows. With this type of texture, I attempted to use my fan brush and also a tapered brush, but all it did was poke the highlighter instead of pick up the product. I found it was easier to apply these highlights with your fingers ♥ There is nothing wrong with the product itself, and a little still goes a long way! 

Overall, I would definitely purchase from Colourpop Cosmetics again, and am already looking at the other highlighter shades! Wisp is said to be a great dupe for Becca's Opal(: 


I really hope this review and swatches were helpful! If you'd like to me to review or try out a certain product, please feel free to comment below or message me! 

Thank you so much for reading ♥ have a wonderful week! xoxo - juliannemng

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. amazing post! I wish colourpop was available in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beautiful! It really means a lot to me(: & I'm sure they're working on it right now, hoping they will be available to you very soon!

      Delete

Contact Form

Hello there(: